Five Tips to Consider When Picking Out Paint Colors
It can be extremely intimidating to pick a paint color for your house, especially one that you’ll like for the next twenty-five years or more. Below are five helpful hints to consider when painting the exterior (or even the interior) of your home.
- Research & Find Inspiration- Pinterest is a great starting point for inspiration. Find a home, or several that you love and go from there!
- Order Samples- A majority of companies offer sample sizes which is a great option when picking out paint colors. And remember, Home Depot does color matching! Their samples are the most affordable on the market at just $3.98 plus tax.
- Paint Small Swatches in Several Locations- Lighting makes all the difference! A color can look completely different on one side of the house than it does on another. This can be a deciding factor in which color you choose.
- Look at Colors Samples During Different Times of the Day- Another important factor to consider is what a color looks like at different times of the day. Colors really do change from time to time.
- Don’t Get Too Creative- Leave the creativity for the inside of your home! Simple tends to be more timeless, and trust us, you don’t want to change your mind about the color on the exterior of your home!
Still having trouble deciding? That’s okay. You aren’t alone and there are tools to help. There are several color visualization tools out there that can help you visualize a specific color on your home. Technology really is something! Sherwin Williams, Behr, as well as several other smart phone apps provide you tools that can help you get a better idea of what your home will look like with its new paint color. And if you’re still confused after that, just give us a call or send us an email. We’re happy to help! We can offer suggestions or give opinions on what color might look best, because it’s never a bad idea to get a professional opinion!