Preparing The Home For Ceramic Coating
The Paint Quality Institute recommends these guidelines to prepare a home for elastomeric ceramic coating:
- Remove all dirt, mildew and chalk; treat mildew with a 3:1 water:bleach solution, leaving on for 20 minutes, then rinse thoroughly; careful power washing with plain water (no cleaning agent or bleach added), being sure to not drive water into any openings there may be in the existing coating.
- Seal all cracks and openings using a quality acrylic or siliconized acrylic caulk.
- Check entire surface for blistering or other adhesion loss.
- Carefully remove any blistering or failing coating; seal the edge of the surrounding remaining coating with a quality acrylic latex caulk.
- Identify any source of intruding water or moisture that may have caused the blistering or other adhesion loss, and eliminate it.
Georgia Coatings then applies a layer of primer sealer over the surface before applying the final coat elastomeric ceramic coating, which can be as much as 10 times thicker than ordinary house paint, for a finish so strong that you’ll never paint again.
Our Rhino Shield ceramic coating comes with a 25 year guarantee – well worth the investment! Call us today at 678-205-4500 or use our convenient online contact form to get a free on-site estimate.